Development Operations Coordinator
Who We Are:
The Empire Center for Public Policy is New York’s premier free-market think tank. We’re passionate about making New York State a better place to live, work, and raise a family. We make that happen by promoting public policy reforms grounded in free-market principles, personal responsibility, and the ideals of effective and accountable government.
Who You Are:
The Empire Center seeks a detail-oriented, organized, driven and fun New York-based development operations coordinator to support our development shop. If you love being at the center of the action, are excited about engaging with people who care enough about the Empire State to invest in it, want to grow with an organization, are organized and self-motivated, we want to talk to you!
What our Development Operations Coordinator will do:
- Report to and work closely with the Development team and the President and CEO
- Organize and execute a multifaceted donor stewardship program
- Track and report progress on donor and prospect outreach strategies
- Maintain the organization’s fundraising database with a strong commitment to accuracy and attention to detail (SalesForce)
- Measure results and produce regular reports tracking progress toward objectives
- Oversee multiple mailing and digital fundraising programs
- Manage grant reports and proposals throughout the year
- Jump in to fill any gaps, no matter the task, to deliver results
What We’re Looking For:
- Demonstrated experience in professional (or semi-professional) organizational skills and will have a commitment to free-market policy solutions.
- Relevant experience in non-profit or campaign fundraising or project management
- Relevant experience in external affairs, grassroots or community engagement where cultivation and organizational skills are drivers of success will be considered.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to be a self-starter and self-driver
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work in Microsoft Office products and to quickly become expert in various databases
- A demonstrated appetite for hard work and continued learning
- Works well with scholars and researchers, across different audiences, and excited to engage donors who care about policy solutions that impact them.
When you’re ready to apply:
Help us understand why you might be a good fit for the Empire Center and why we might be the right team for you. Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter describing how your background applies to this role; the reason for your interest in this position; a compelling case explaining why you would excel in this position; and salary requirements;
- Two writing samples, preferably donor communications. Samples can include, but are not limited to, digital advertising campaigns, website designs, advocacy emails, etc.
The position requires regular time in the organization’s Albany office, but there may be opportunities for part-time remote work for the right candidate.
The search is being handled by Steadfast LLC. Applications should be submitted by email to Info@Steadfast.us with a subject of: Digital Application – [Last Name]. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted until it is filled. No phone calls, please.
The Empire Center for Public Policy is an equal-opportunity employer.