Digital Communications Coordinator
Who We Are:
The Empire Center for Public Policy is New York’s premier free-market think tank. We’re passionate about making New York State a better place to live, work, and raise a family. We make that happen by promoting public policy reforms grounded in free-market principles, personal responsibility, and the ideals of effective and accountable government.
Who You Are:
The Empire Center, New York’s premier free-market think tank, seeks a creative, knowledgeable, New York-based digital communications professional to support its communications and marketing work. Are you a creative, digital communications professional who is passionate about free market principles (and New York) and enjoys advancing them as a part of a collaborative team? Are you a self-starter and a collaborative, strategic team player eager to learn and continuously improve? Do you thrive in fast-paced, policy-oriented environments?
We want to talk to you!
What our Digital Comms Coordinator will do:
The coordinator will report to the Director of Communications.
- Develop, manage, and track outcomes to our digital communications strategies to ensure they align with our organizational goals.
- Create outbound email and digital communications to existing and potential supporters, and grow supporter lists through paid and unpaid efforts.
- Develop and manage all digital assets including paid social advertisements in partnership with communications and advocacy teams.
- Project manage organization’s digital content calendar and digital advocacy campaigns: track production progress, deadlines, provide analysis, and reporting to stakeholders.
- Optimize and improve campaigns; share learnings and best practices.
What We’re Looking For?
- 1-3 years of digital communications experience, preferably in a nonprofit, research or advocacy organization. Bachelor’s degree in marketing or communications strongly preferred.
- An affinity for digital marketing, social media, online engagement, and analytics.
- Creativity, outstanding and in-person and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn quickly, take on responsibility, juggle multiple projects, all with a strong attention to detail and organization.
- Proficiency in Excel, HTML, digital tools and execution of paid social media campaigns.
- CRM, HTML, and Photoshop experience preferred.
- Works well across well with scholars and researchers, across different audiences, and willing to excited to engage affected communities about policy solutions that impact them.
- Ties to the Empire State are preferred, as the position works to promote public policy in New York.
When you’re ready to apply:
Help us understand why you might be a good fit for the Empire Center and why we might be the right team for you. Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter describing how your background applies to this role; the reason for your interest in this position; a compelling case explaining why you would excel in this position; and salary requirements;
- Two digital marketing samples. Samples can include, but are not limited to, digital advertising campaigns, website designs, advocacy emails, etc.
The search is being handled by Steadfast LLC. Applications should be submitted by email to Info@Steadfast.us with a subject of: Digital Application – [Last Name]. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted until it is filled. No phone calls, please.
The Empire Center for Public Policy is an equal-opportunity employer.
Enjoying our work? Sign up for email alerts on our latest news and research.
Together, we can make New York a better place to live and work!