Digital Marketing Lead
Who You Are:
The Empire Center for Public Policy is seeking a creative marketing professional to pioneer our next phase of digital marketing and audience growth. We’re looking for someone who understands New York and who is technologically savvy—someone willing to take risks, put in the market research, and bring our work to even more New Yorkers.
Are you looking to flex your creative muscle and experiment with digital marketing to help build a coalition of New Yorkers that want to see practical ideas turned in to positive change? Are you looking to work alongside some of the top policy minds in the state? We want to talk to you.
Who We Are:
At the Empire Center for Public Policy, we’re passionate about making New York State a better place to live, work and raise a family. We promote public policy reforms grounded in the ideals of free markets and open and transparent government. As a top government watchdog, we hold elected officials accountable to their constituents.
What you’ll do:
- Manage and grow all digital marketing and communications, including, but not limited to; social media and both paid and organic email, text and messaging campaigns.
- Develop, manage and track outcomes to our digital communications strategies to ensure they align with our organizational goals.
- Create outbound email and digital communications to existing and potential audiences, and grow supporter lists through paid and unpaid efforts.
- Manage organization’s digital content calendar and digital advocacy campaigns: track production progress, deadlines, provide analysis, and reporting to stakeholders.
- Design graphics for social media, research briefs and reports, and other collateral on an as-needed basis.
- Optimize and improve campaigns; share learnings and best practices.
What We’re Looking For:
- You live online. You’re up to date on the latest trends and strategies, and know what kinds of risks will pay off.
- You love numbers. You know how to dive into the analytics and sort out what’s working and what needs work.
- 1-3 years of digital communications experience, preferably in a marketing, advertising, or political capacity. Bachelor’s degree in marketing or communications strongly preferred.
- You live in, or are willing to relocate to, the Albany area. Other New York locations might work as well.
- You learn quickly, take responsibility, can juggle multiple projects, and have strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Excel, HTML, digital tools and execution of paid social media campaigns.
- CRM, HTML, and Photoshop experience preferred.
- Works well with scholars and researchers, across different audiences, and excited to engage affected communities about policy solutions that impact them.
- A strong affinity for a more successful Empire State.
When you’re ready to apply:
Help us understand why you might be a good fit for the Empire Center and why we might be the right team for you. Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter describing how your background applies to this role; the reason for your interest in this position; a compelling case explaining why you would excel in this position; and salary requirements;
- Two digital marketing samples. Samples can include, but are not limited to, digital advertising campaigns, website designs, advocacy emails, etc.
The search is being handled by Steadfast LLC. Applications should be submitted by email to Info@Steadfast.us with a subject of: Digital Application – [Last Name]. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted until it is filled. No phone calls, please.
The Empire Center for Public Policy is an equal-opportunity employer.
Enjoying our work? Sign up for email alerts on our latest news and research.
Together, we can make New York a better place to live and work!