Complete copies of 220 local government and school district employment contracts were added today to SeeThroughNY, the Empire Center’s transparency website. Newly added collective bargaining agreements include 86 public school teachers’ contracts, 15 firefighter contracts, and 64 police contracts. In addition, 55 school superintendent employment contracts have been updated on SeeThroughNY.
Broken down by region, the contracts are distributed as follows:
- 27 in the Capital Region, including the Albany City School District teachers’ contract and the town of Niskayuna police contract;
- 22 in Central New York, including city firefighter contracts in Syracuse, and teachers and superintendent of schools contracts in Auburn;
- 22 in the Finger Lakes, including Brighton Fire District and Geneva’s superintendent contracts;
- 24 on Long Island, including local police contracts in Suffolk County and the Glen Cove school district teachers’ contract;
- 39 in the Mid-Hudson region, including six police contracts in Westchester County and Mount Vernon’s teachers’ contract;
- 18 in the Mohawk Valley, including three teachers’ contracts in Oneida County and the city of Rome’s police contract;
- 18 in the North Country, including superintendents of schools, teachers and police contracts for St. Lawrence County and the city of Watertown’s police contract;
- 25 in the Southern Tier, including six teachers’ contracts for Broome County school districts and three local police contracts in Otsego County; and
- 23 in Western New York, including Buffalo’s firefighters’ contract and three Erie county police contracts.
More than 7,500 current and expired public-sector union and school superintendent employment contracts are now searchable on SeeThroughNY’s contract database, the most comprehensive in the state.
The Empire Center, based in Albany, is an independent, not-for-profit, non-partisan think tank dedicated to promoting policies that can make New York a better place to live, work and raise a family.