Among public authorities closest to the governor’s office, the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) had the highest average salary as reported by the state Public Authorities Reporting Information System. NYSERDA’s 351 employees were paid an average of $101,082 in fiscal year 2019—topped by Alfred Griffin, president of NYSERDA’s New York Green Bank, at $212,273.
Other authorities in the newly posted salary database include:
- Roswell Park Cancer Institute Corporation (2,968 employees)
- Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority (1,774 employees)
- Urban Development Corporation (Empire State Development) (374 employees)
- New York State Dormitory Authority (607 employees)
- Olympic Regional Development Authority (1,877 employees)
- Suffolk County Water Authority (623 employees)
The payroll data reflect pay received during employer fiscal years ending in 2019. Previous updates to public authority payroll data include the FY 2018 payrolls from the Metropolitan Transportation Authority and Port Authority of New York & New Jersey.
The Empire Center, based in Albany, is an independent, not-for-profit, non-partisan think tank dedicated to promoting policies that can make New York a better place to live, work and raise a family.