Complete copies of hundreds of local government and school district labor union contracts were added today to SeeThroughNY, the Empire Center’s transparency website.
Newly added collective bargaining agreements include 120 public school teacher contracts, 28 firefighter contracts, and 62 police contracts. In addition, 164 school superintendent employment contracts have been updated on SeeThroughNY.
Broken down by region, the contracts are distributed as follows:
- 43 in the Capital Region, including North Colonie’s superintendent contract and Saratoga Springs’ fire contract;
- 26 in Central New York, including teacher contracts in Onondaga County and fire contracts in Oswego County;
- 33 in the Finger Lakes, including fire contracts in Monroe County and teacher contracts in Genesee County;
- 63 on Long Island, including 11 teacher contracts in Nassau County and 12 in Suffolk County;
- 71 in the Mid-Hudson region, including police contracts in Westchester County;
- 30 in the Mohawk Valley, including three superintendent contracts in Oneida County and four in Herkimer County;
- 28 in the North Country, including superintendent and teacher contracts for Clinton County;
- 34 in the Southern Tier, including police contracts for Tompkins County and fire contracts for Broome County; and
- 46 in Western New York, including the Buffalo city schools’ first contract with its teachers union in 12 years.
More than 6,700 current and expired public-sector union and school superintendent employment contracts are now searchable on SeeThroughNY’s contract database, the most comprehensive in the state.
The Empire Center, based in Albany, is an independent, non-partisan, not-for-profit think tank dedicated to promoting policies to make New York a better place to live, work and do business.
You may also like