Payrolls of 19 New York public authorities–including the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) and regional transit authorities serving Western and Central New York–are now available at SeeThroughNY.net, the government transparency website sponsored by the Empire Center for Public Policy.
The payroll data is from the first payroll period in May, corresponding with payroll data previously posted on the site this year. Payrolls include the employees’ names, titles, rate of pay, pay basis and locations. Overtime and other extras are not included, but will be part of the next SeeThroughNY posting in early 2009.
Newly posted data includes payroll information for more than 69,000 MTA employees working for seven of the eight MTA subsidiaries, including the New York City Transit Authority (50,622); Long Island Railroad (6,799); Metro-North Railroad (5,885); MTA Bus (3,151); Long Island Bus (1,167); and MTA Headquarters (1,384). The payroll of the MTA’s Bridges and Tunnels subsidiary will be posted soon.
Payrolls also have been posted for:
- Battery Park City Authority (169 employees);
- Central New York Regional Transportation Authority (620 employees);
- Dormitory Authority of the State of New York (594 employees);
- Empire State Development Authority (374 employees);
- New York State Bridge Authority (283 employees);
- Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority (1,122 employees);
- NYS Energy Research & Development Authority (234 employees);
- NYS Environmental Facilities Corporation (125 employees);
- NYS Foundation of Science Technology & Innovation (27 employees);
- Rochester-Genesee Regional Transportation Authority (768 employees);
- Roswell Park Cancer Institute Corporation (2,031 employees);
- State University Construction Fund (112 employees);
- United Nations Development Corporation (11 employees); and
- Welfare Research Foundation (14 employees).
Previously posted payrolls include the Long Island Power Authority, New York Power Authority, Port Authority of New York and New Jersey and the New York State Thruway Authority.
Launched July 31, 2008, SeethroughNY also provides access to the complete state employee payroll; teacher union and school superintendent contracts for the state’s 733 school districts and BOCES districts; legislative member-item grants; and legislative office expenditures.