The Empire Center hosted a half-day conference looking at the New York Health Act, a proposal to create a state-run single-payer healthcare system.
Panel 1: Is single-payer the right prescription?
- Hon. Gustavo Rivera, Chair, NYS Senate Health Committee
- Hon. Richard Gottfried, Chair, NYS Assembly Health Committee
- Bea Grause, President, Healthcare Association of NYS
- Sean Doolan, General Counsel, NYS Conference of Blue Cross and Blue Shield Plans
Moderator: David Sandman, President & CEO, New York State Health Foundation
Panel 2: Alternative solutions for New York’s heathcare system
- Michael Sparer, Chair & Professor, Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health
- Eric Linzer, President & CEO, NY Health Plan Association
- Michael Capaldo, Media Chairman, NYS Association of Health Underwriters
Moderator: Bill Hammond, Health Policy Director, Empire Center for Public Policy
"...the Empire Center is the think tank that spent months trying to pry Covid data out of Mr. Cuomo's government, which offered a series of unbelievable excuses for its refusal to disclose...five months after it (the Empire Center) sued, Team Cuomo finally started coughing up some of the records." -Wall Street Journal, February 19, 2021
SIGN UP TO READ ABOUT THE ISSUES IMPACTING NEW YORKERS.