The Empire Center hosted a half-day conference looking at the New York Health Act, a proposal to create a state-run single-payer healthcare system.
Panel 1: Is single-payer the right prescription?
- Hon. Gustavo Rivera, Chair, NYS Senate Health Committee
- Hon. Richard Gottfried, Chair, NYS Assembly Health Committee
- Bea Grause, President, Healthcare Association of NYS
- Sean Doolan, General Counsel, NYS Conference of Blue Cross and Blue Shield Plans
Moderator: David Sandman, President & CEO, New York State Health Foundation
Panel 2: Alternative solutions for New York’s heathcare system
- Michael Sparer, Chair & Professor, Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health
- Eric Linzer, President & CEO, NY Health Plan Association
- Michael Capaldo, Media Chairman, NYS Association of Health Underwriters
Moderator: Bill Hammond, Health Policy Director, Empire Center for Public Policy
Enjoying our work? Sign up for email alerts on our latest news and research.
Together, we can make New York a better place to live and work!