Payroll data for 73,884 public authority employees, totaling almost $4.5 billion, have been added to SeeThroughNY.
The new data come from 298 employers and include:
- New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation (43,436 employees)
- New York State Thruway Authority (3,952 employees)
- Urban Development Corp. (Empire State Development) (361 employees)
- NY Power Authority (2,380 employees)
- Olympic Regional Development Authority (1,814 employees)
- NYS Energy Research & Development Authority (332 employees)
The payroll data reflect pay received during the employer’s fiscal year ending in 2018. Previous updates include the FY2018 payrolls from the Metropolitan Transportation Authority and Port Authority of New York & New Jersey.
The Empire Center, based in Albany, is an independent, not-for-profit, non-partisan think tank dedicated to promoting policies that can make New York a better place to live, work and raise a family.
You may also like
"...the Empire Center is the think tank that spent months trying to pry Covid data out of Mr. Cuomo's government, which offered a series of unbelievable excuses for its refusal to disclose...five months after it (the Empire Center) sued, Team Cuomo finally started coughing up some of the records." -Wall Street Journal, February 19, 2021
SIGN UP TO READ ABOUT THE ISSUES IMPACTING NEW YORKERS.