Payroll data for 74,660 public authority employees, totaling $4.4 billion, have been added to SeeThroughNY, the Empire Center’s transparency website.
The new data cover 301 employers, including industrial development agencies (IDAs), regional transportation authorities and sewer and water authorities. They include the:
- New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation (45,879 employees)
- New York State Thruway Authority (3,754 employees)
- Urban Development Corp. (Empire State Development) (351 employees)
- NY Power Authority (NYPA) (2,327 employees)
- Olympic Regional Development Authority (ORDA) (1,734 employees)
- NYS Energy Research & Development Authority (NYSERDA) (326 employees)
The payroll data reflect pay received during the employer’s fiscal year ending in 2017. Previous updates include the FY2017 payrolls from the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) and Port Authority of New York & New Jersey.
Some individuals appear twice in the SeeThroughNY database because they perform work for both a public authority, such as a local IDA, and a state or local government agency. These individuals may receive compensation from only one or both employers.
The Empire Center, based in Albany, is an independent, nonpartisan, not-for-profit think tank dedicated to promoting policies to make New York a better place to live, work and raise a family.
You may also like
Enjoying our work? Sign up for email alerts on our latest news and research.
Together, we can make New York a better place to live and work!