On January 15, Governor Andrew Cuomo released his executive budget proposal for fiscal year 2020, beginning April 1.
Below is the Empire Center’s analysis of issues related to the ongoing state budget process.
You can also use our interactive state budget tool to examine tax and spending data.
- Where is the IVF study? – Bill Hammond, NYTorch, Jan. 30, 2019
- Squeezing NY’s golden geese – E.J. McMahon, New York Post, Jan. 18, 2019
- SOTS health-care roundup – Bill Hammond, NYTorch, Jan. 18, 2019
- Cuomo’s budget: a fiscal first take – E.J. McMahon, NYTorch, Jan. 18, 2019
- Budget would renew big mandate – Ken Girardin, NYTorch, Jan. 16, 2019
- Same old Senate (GOP) – E.J. McMahon, NYTorch, Jan. 15, 2019
- Will Cuomo stand his ground? – E.J. McMahon, New York Post, Dec. 19, 2018
- School groups roll out wish lists – E.J. McMahon, NYTorch, Dec. 10, 2018
- Stumbling bull=shakier budget – E.J. McMahon, NYTorch, Dec. 7, 2018
- State $hortfalls shrinking – E.J. McMahon, NYTorch, Nov. 9, 2018
"Readers will recall that the Empire Center is the think tank that spent months trying to pry Covid data out of Mr. Cuomo’s government, which offered a series of unbelievable excuses for its refusal to disclose...five months after it sued the government, and one week after a state court ruled that the Cuomo administration had violated the law and ordered it to come clean—Team Cuomo finally started coughing up some of the records." -Wall Street Journal, February 19, 2021
SIGN UP TO STAY UP TO DATE ON THIS AND THOSE OTHER ISSUES THAT IMPACT NEW YORKERS.